The Project Manager oversees the entire project lifecycle and is responsible for the day-to-day management and prioritization of projects. This is a role that requires the ability to think about problems at both a conceptual and detailed level and the ability to create and maintain strong, warm relationships both on the team and with clients.
- Work with CEO/sales lead to transition all expectations from sales to kickoff.
- Serve as the day-to-day point of contact for clients.
- Set up each project in internal PM software.
- Collect and manage client assets/resources.
- Create project timelines and keep them up-to-date.
- Schedule client meetings, set agendas, and create meeting PowerPoints.
- Follow up on all meetings with an executive summary with action items for both sides.
- Create and maintain documented project requirements.
- Lead weekly internal project team meetings.
- Send weekly update emails to the clients showing that we’re owning the project, we know exactly where things are at, and that we are producing value from the engagement.
- Plan website content architecture and create content, or coordinate with the content lead to do so.
- Coordinate and lead QA on every project.
- Coordinate client reviews at each stage of projects.
- Train web clients on how to use their new website.
- Coordinate and lead project post-mortems.
- Create, implement, adjust, standardize, and document processes.
- Resource allocation and project forecasting.
- Handle challenging communication with clarity, transparency, and loving leadership.
Be a Leader on the Team
- Meet regularly with your primary team members to build strong relationships that help to promote culture, growth, and collaboration.
- Empower others to accomplish more by knowing each team member’s strengths and utilizing them fully.
- Give team members regular and specific feedback on their successes and failures.
- Look for opportunities for individual team members and the project team as a whole to grow.
- Manage the team’s plate, maintaining a forecast of project phases at a weekly and monthly view.
- Help the marketing team utilize the project team as necessary with plate load management and prioritization.
Be a Leader in Client Relations
- Create the best partner relationship the client has ever had.
- Communicate with frequency, clarity, and a balance between listening and leading.
- Maintain an intimate knowledge of each client’s organization, goals, and timelines.
- Get to know our point(s) of contact to build rapport and long-term relationships.
Be a Leader in Meetings
- Be the first one to arrive and the most prepared person at every meeting.
- Create and communicate the agenda for each meeting.
- Stay on top of time, and guide each meeting to fulfilling its goals.
Be a Leader in Organization
- Lead by example with clarity, confidence, consistency, time management, and organization.
- Document client and project preferences and requirements in detail.
- Practice exemplary management through our PM software with communication, due dates, follow-ups, and accountability.
Be a Leader in Projects
- Be the person who knows everything about a project, including timelines, requirements, and the project’s status.
- Lead weekly project meetings to gather project status and help team members prioritize tasks.
- Ensure that all deliverables for each client are delivered with raving client satisfaction.
If after reading this description and researching our company, you still feel that you are a good fit, please apply below.