WordPress Developer Open Position
Currently, PHOS is seeking a professional WordPress developer who has the proficiencies and proven skills needed to create a WordPress theme from scratch using our in-house framework.
Responsibilities will include (but are not limited to):
- Support all existing websites by maintaining versions, optimization, and security
- Create a fully functional theme WordPress based on provided Photoshop files
- Collaborate with other developers, project managers, and graphic designers while working on projects
- Manage WordPress projects from staging to launch
- Ensure complete, fluid-width responsive design for all device sizes with valid programming
- Simplify programming from staging to development to ensure speed, optimization, and dry programming techniques for readability
- Complete tasks within a given timeline and update status per project using our internal systems
- Manage domains, hosting, and DNS as we move from local development to launch
- Perform security tasks to prevent and remediate any security issues on a server or within a website
About the Requirements
The following items are required at an intermediate to advanced skill level in order to be considered:
- Sass / SCSS
- Domain Registration
- Hosting & DNS Management (cPanel and Plesk)
- API Knowledge (using and writing; e.g. Google Maps, SharpSpring, HubSpot)
- Gulp / Grunt / Foundation / Bootstrap / Other CSS / LESS based framework
- Foundation / Bootstrap / Other CSS / LESS based framework
- Terminal / Command Line
- Website Optimization (gzip, http2, ssl)
- G Suite and Google Webmaster
- Search Engine Optimization
- 2+ years in a web development role
- Proven experience building and launching WordPress websites
*You will be required to showcase your previous work or live websites within your resume.
- You personally embrace and live out our core values of leadership, creativity, love, integrity, and community.
- You are a highly visual person who can see and appreciate good design and beautiful photography.
- You are always learning.
- You often find yourself inspecting the code on websites you visit.
- You are detail-oriented and expertly skilled in time management.
- You have an ability to communicate effectively via phone, face-to-face interaction, and email to make our customers uber happy and successful.
- You are willing to take responsibility to meet or exceed targets for clients.
- You understand the basics of SEO and the importance of a high-quality website structure.