WordPress Developer Position
PHOS is seeking a professional WordPress Developer who has the proficiencies and proven skills needed to create a WordPress theme from scratch using our in-house framework.
- Support all existing websites by maintaining versions, optimization, and security
- Perform web development support for all current clients
- Collaborate with other developers, project managers, and graphic designers while working on projects
- Ensure complete, fluid-width responsive design for all device sizes with valid programming
- Simplify programming from staging to development to ensure speed, optimization, and dry programming techniques for readability
- Complete tasks within a given timeline and update status per project using our internal systems
- Manage domains, hosting, and DNS as we move from local development to launch
- Perform security tasks to prevent and remediate any security issues on a server or within a website
- Serve as a point of contact for all server management related tasks
- Create a fully functional theme WordPress based on provided design files
About the Requirements
The following items are required at an intermediate to advanced skill level in order to be considered:
- Sass / SCSS
- Domain Registration
- Hosting & DNS Management (cPanel and Plesk)
- API Knowledge (using and writing; e.g. Google Maps, SharpSpring, HubSpot)
- Gulp / Grunt / Foundation / Bootstrap / Other CSS / LESS based framework
- Foundation / Bootstrap / Other CSS / LESS based framework
- Terminal / Command Line
- Website Optimization (gzip, http2, ssl)
- Search Engine Optimization
- 2+ years in a web development role
- Proven experience building and launching WordPress websites
*You will be required to showcase your previous work or live websites within your resume.
Problem Solver | The WordPress Developer is a problem solver at heart and has an innate ability to make the complex, simple. They are thorough but understand the right questions to ask to get to the root of an issue and solve it efficiently. They make our systems and processes leaner, not bulkier.
Detail Oriented | They have a keen eye for detail in code, UI/UX, and organization. When something is broken on a website, it feels like nails on a chalkboard to the WordPress Developer. They set the tone for quality assurance in every project they touch. As a result, double work rarely happens and revisions are at a minimum.
Hunger to Learn | Though they are masters at their craft, they know that things are always changing and they want to be at the forefront of new developments. They are continuously seeking opportunities to improve their skills and PHOS’s product offering.
Ownership Minded | The WordPress Developer doesn’t assume the posture of “that isn’t my job.” When they see that something needs to be done while working on a client’s website, they jump on it accordingly. They won’t hold up progress simply for the sake of “staying in their lane.”
Systems Leader | They will be a leader in transparent communication of project progress amongst their team. They’ll set the tone for project management software use and follow standard operating procedures consistently and efficiently.
Diversity & Inclusion at PHOS Creative
Our dedication to diversity and inclusion is grounded in our mission to be a place that team members never want to leave and to exemplify the love of Jesus Christ. Discrimination is not loving and is, therefore, anti-missional for PHOS. We in no way discriminate on the basis of race, religion, sexual orientation, or gender identity for purposes of employment opportunities, continued employment, employee benefits, job security, or promotion. Doing so would violate our reason for existing. We want you here.