PHOS is a strategic digital marketing agency based in Gainesville, FL with a mission to be a place team members never want to leave, clients can’t do without, and the world is better for and, in so doing, exemplify the love of Jesus Christ.
We’re an award-winning, purpose-driven company and we’re looking for an outstanding, full-time Content Marketer to write captivating content that engages users online. If you think this could be you, read on!
The Content Marketer at PHOS Creative will produce engaging, and effective copy for websites, social media, email campaigns, video storyboards, and more for our clients.
As a Content Marketer, you are tasked with creating exemplary content that is optimized for search engines, is strategic in resonating with target audiences, and moves the needle for our client goals and KPIs. This is a highly collaborative role, perfect for someone who loves to work on a team, loves to think creatively, and has a huge passion for writing.
We are focused on providing a best-in-class customer experience, and you will have a significant role in helping us achieve that goal.
Roles & Responsibilities
As a Content Marketer, you will do the following for clients and/or PHOS:
- Produce error-free content that adheres to the company’s style guidelines.
- Develop mission and vision statements for clients as a strategic consultant.
- Write website content that aligns with design and pushes visitors through the marketing funnel.
- Produce messaging strategies and communication style guides during the branding process for clients.
- Familiarize yourself with the product/service, target audience, and competitor activities in the market.
- Brainstorm ideas and concepts for the copy with other members of the creative team.
- Propose copy concepts and present underlying strategic thinking to business leaders.
- Create blog posts and landing pages that are targeted at specific buyer personas and contain SEO value.
- Write headings and campaign slogans that engage and delight.
- Develop email copy that optimizes open rates and click-through-rates.
- Craft social media advertising copy that increases engagement rates and clicks.
- Collaborate with the team to assess what content pieces are working and which ones need to be adjusted.
- Simultaneously manage multiple projects.
Key Characteristics of the Ideal Candidate
Strategic and Purpose-Driven
The ideal candidate for this position will enjoy using data to make marketing and content decisions. They should have a passion for understanding a company’s “why” and centering their writing and voice around it for each of our clients. This candidate should be well researched and should enjoy learning everything they can about the client/industry that they are serving as to best serve their target audience.
Writing and Grammar
The ideal candidate for this position is an expert in adapting voice and tone based on the brands that they are serving. They are able to not only imitate voice and tone after reading something but be able to define it for our branding clients. Proper grammar is their best friend. If you have a strong opinion on the use of the Oxford Comma, you might be the right person for this role.
Ideally, this person has a huge heart for digital marketing and believes in the power it has for growing a business. As a storyteller, they will be able to see the effect their work has on driving revenue for our clients and the impact it has on the people it serves. This person has a basic understanding of digital marketing channels, how to build buyer personas, and how to reach target audiences using different content channels.
The ideal candidate for this position loves to work on a team and enjoys the creative process. They should be easy to work with, not afraid to push back on ideas, and have the client’s best interest in mind.
- Relevant BA/BS degree in Marketing, English, Communications, or related degree.
- At least one year of experience creating credible, professional content that moves people and builds brands.
- A diverse writing portfolio and skillset which includes a mix of long-form content and short-form copy for a variety of channels.
- Have a proven track record of creating impactful, purpose-driven marketing content using data to drive your strategy.
- Ability to adapt voice and tone per client, per project, easily and fluidly.
- Understand how content should support the buyer’s journey.
- Solid understanding of SEO concepts preferred.
- WordPress proficiency preferred.
Key Performance Indicators
Your performance will be measured using the following KPIs:
- Grammatical Correctness
- Consistent Uses of Voice and Tone
- Client Satisfaction
- Client Retention
We currently operate in a hybrid work schedule, coming physically into the office two days per week and working completely remotely three days per week. We’re looking for someone in or around Gainesville, FL who has the flexibility to come in for client meetings and team activities.
Diversity, Inclusion, and Our Mission at PHOS
Our dedication to diversity and inclusion is grounded in our mission to be a place that team members never want to leave and to exemplify the love of Jesus Christ. Discrimination is not loving and is, therefore, anti-missional for PHOS. We in no way discriminate on the basis of race, religion, sexual orientation, or gender identity for purposes of employment opportunities, continued employment, employee benefits, job security, or promotion. Doing so would violate our reason for existing. We want you here.
*Please note that due to high application volume, our team may not respond to your application if you do not meet the requirements for this role.